Throughout the 1830s, settlers, many of them being Irish immigrants, began to come to Lannon. Among the first was Isaac Howard who described the area as “The Valley of the headwaters of the Fox River.” Howard bought 80 acres to settle with his wife. In 1838 he opened Lannon’s first quarry. William N. Lannon, the namesake of the Village of Lannon, came in 1834 and came to acquire over 200 acres of land which had two springs. Lannon farmed and operated a quarry on the land which he named “Lannon Springs.” Land from Lannon Springs was donated to build the Willow Springs School and St. James Catholic Church.